E. P. S.
FRANCE’S HEALTH PREVENTION FOR ALL
Did you know that in France, we offer a Preventive Health Exam / Examen de Prévention en Santé (E. P. S. ) ?
E. P. S. is formerly known as a free health check or “Bilan de santé gratuit”. It is based on the most recent medical recommendations and in complementary to the action of your attending physician. Its purpose is :
- to detect any pathologies contracted and screen diseases
- to offer better patient care
- to provide tips to maintain a good state of health and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
It’s 100% covered by the sécurité sociale and easily accessible for persons aging from 16 years old. Prevention offered to all CPAM, MSA, CMUC-C and AME holders, although priority is given to :
- beneficiaries of the active solidarity income (RSA) and the CMU-C,
- young people aged 16-25 in integration,
- job seekers,
- disabled or handicapped persons….
Do you want more information on health rights and a guide for better healthcare?
You can have a moment of complete (anonymous !) exchange with the health professionals such as : social aides, nurses, dentists, doctors and specialists of different health structures.
It is carried out by a network of 85 health examination centers – Centres d’Examens de Santé (CES) in France and DROM-COM. The tests last for about 2 hours and 30 minutes and are adapted to your age, sex, risks and usual medical follow-up like :
- Dental examination
- Blood test (possibility of HIV test)
- Urine analysis
- Vision and hearing check
- Respiratory capacity
- Gynecological examination.
Here are the many topics which can be addressed during an E.P.S. :
- E. P. S. for young people aged 16 to 25 has themes about “addictions”, “well-being”, “emotional and sexual life”, “physical activity”…
- E. P. S. for the seniors has themes about the prevention of “cardiovascular disorders”, the prevention of “fall risks”, “memory”, “osteoporosis” and participation in organized “cancer screening”…
- E. P. S. for all ages has themes such as “tobacco”, “alcoholism” and screening for “overweight and obesity”.
As a Public Health Clinician, I strongly recommend to all of my patients this free health check-up
because E. P. S. will lead you to the right health path !
– Clinician Nancy🍀
For more information don’t hesitate to :
- ask your general practitioner – médecin généraliste,
- contact your Mutuelle, CMU-C, AME
- or visit one of the 85 health examination centers – Centres d’Examens de Santé (CES).
For free personalized health check-up in Paris you can register :
- online via this portal https://www.cpam75.fr/webform/FormESadulte.php
- or by phone at 01 53 44 59 10… An invitation letter with a health questionnaire will be sent back to you setting the date and time of your appointment.
Textes de référence :
- Code de la sécurité sociale : articles L321-1 à L321-3 Règles générales (article L321-3)
- Code de la sécurité sociale : articles R321-2 à R321-6 Dispositions relatives à l’examen de santé gratuit (article R321-5)
- Arrêté du 20 juillet 1992 relatif aux examens périodiques de santé