Did you know that most French dentists speak English ?
France is known across the world for high standard levels of health care services. This includes dental care which has a vast majority of fees reimbursed by the government, sometimes reaching up to 70% !
If you have kids who are six to 24-years-old, you will be pleased to know that they are entitled to a free regular check-up !
With the M’T Dents program, which allows all children and adolescents aged 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 and 24 to benefit from a free appointment with the dentist and surgeon, if necessary.
This device has been extended to pregnant women.
In addition to free treatments, dental braces – appareil dentaires can be recommended by a qualified orthodontist.
Although, initially, you will have to pay for the treatment, and then the local Sécurité Sociale / Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie (CPAM), will reimburse you.
Here are some useful French phrases you’ll probably need :
- Wisdom tooth : La Dent de sagesse
- Tooth : La Dent
- Gums : La Gencive
- To pull out : Arracher
- To rinse : Rincer
- To bleed : Saigner
- Dentures : Une Prothèse Dentaire
- Initial Check-up : Une Consultation Initiale
- Cavity : Une Carie
- Teeth cleaning : Un Détartrage
- A Crown : Une Couronne
- A Dental Implant : Un Implant Dentaire
So are you still afraid of or ?
Maybe thesetips are for you !
- If you are 𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙤𝙧 𝘾𝙈𝙐-𝘾 holder our Securité Sociale ensures that your health expenses are covered up to 100% of the conventional rate.
- If you have a 𝙢𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚, call them and ask for the list of 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙡-𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙙𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨. These mutual partners can propose reductions in their rates and give you substantial savings.
- Check out low-cost dental clinics. To name a few: 𝘼𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙨, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙚, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙖 & 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚.
- Look for 𝘾𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨 – 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙊𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙚. But don’t worry, students are supervised by experienced hospital practitioners who can intervene anytime (just in case !)
- In EU, a colleague told me that it’s 60% cheaper in Hungary, Portugal & Spain. To simplify the task for you, agencies like 𝙎𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧, 𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙥𝙪𝙨, 𝙔𝙥𝙨é𝙚… can organize everything! (plane, airport pickup, hotel, etc.)
- Finally, if the cost is significant, the sécurité sociale can extend help if you ask the 𝙖𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞è𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡é𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚 𝘾𝙋𝘼𝙈.
There you go ! Now you know !
– Clinician Nancy🍀
Textes de référence :
- Santé Publique France